Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Overdue Update

Last Friday June, 24th Cole had a weight check at the pediatrician and he gained a whopping 11oz in 7 days!!  He is really getting chubby he is filling out in his arms and legs.  He weighed in at 7lbs 11oz.  Big boy!!  Owen didn't weigh 8 lbs until he was 2 months old.  Cole is just about 1 month old and he is i'm sure weighing 8 lbs or more.  We go for another weight check tomorrow morning so we shall see.  Cole is such a laid back baby.  He would sleep all day and night if I let him.   I have to set my alarm in the middle of the night to wake him up every 3 hours to eat otherwise he probably would have been sleeping through the night since he has been home.  He is starting to have more wake time as the days go by.  The doctor put him on zantac because I was sure he had reflux.  He has been so much more comfortable since he is on it.  He was also vomiting alot 2 weeks ago, so I tried to figure out what I was eating to see if he would stop throwing up and sure enough I am pretty sure it is dairy and anything chocolate.  So needless to say I have cut out all chocolate and most dairy out of my diet.  It is deffinately hard for me.  I'm a junk food junkie, but I certainly don't want a miserable vomiting baby so the junk had to go. 

I had my post partum visit today and my midwife said "everything looks great."  YAY!!!  I feel so good especially compared to my recovery with Owen.  I am back to my normal self. 

I took Cole today to get his 1 month pictures taken. I am such a cheapo I just got the free picture and I didn't buy any more.  The manager of the store asked if I would sign a consent so that they can hang Coles picture in their store.

No comments:

Post a Comment