Saturday, June 26, 2010

June 26th, 2009

A year ago today.....  June 26th, 2009 I remember it quite vividly.  I had been going for weekly ultrasounds starting at 19 weeks.  Owen, was quite the squirmer (so they told us) and the ultrasound techs kept telling us that they couldn't get a good "look" at Owen.  It wasn't until 2 weeks later when I was 21 weeks pregnant with Owen that I went for another ultrasound and they told us that our babys heart wasn't right.  Something was wrong...  We were sent to CHOP where they did an echocardiogram on Owen.  After, the echo they sat us down and showed us diagrams.  One of which a normal heart looks like and one of which Owen's heart looked like. Owen was diagnosed with Tetralogy of Fallot with Pulmonary Atresia.  We were given the option to terminate the pregnancy.  As many of you know us, that wasn't even an option.  God had knitted Owen perfectly the way he wanted him in my womb.  They told us that I would need to deliver Owen at CHOP and that after he was born he would undergo tests to confirm their diagnosis.  After confirmed they would do open heart surgery on Owen when he was just a couple days old to correct his sick little heart.  It was one of the worst days of my life....  As time passed the Lord gave me peace.  I choose to trust Him.  We prayed for healing for Owen and knew that the Lord's plan for Owen was perfect.  The rest of my pregnancy went by quickly.  We had many appointments for ultrasounds and echocardiograms, the doctors kept a very close eye on Owen.  When I was just about 37 weeks pregnant they induced me, 30 1/2 hours later on October 21st, 2009 sweet little Owen came into the world.  Screaming just as they told us he wouldn't.  He was whisked away to be stabilized and brought back for a very short period so we could hold him before going to the intensive care unit.  Owen didn't require his open heart surgery at birth, he was sent home from the hospital when he was 5 days old to be loved and enjoyed.  Little did we or any of the doctors know how truely sick Owen was..  When he was 3 months old he starting turning jaundice and had to undergo surgery to hopefully fix his little liver. Owen was supposed to be less yellow after having his surgery not more yellow.  As time went on Owen got sicker and sicker more and more yellow.   About, 3 1/2 months after his surgery Owen was officially completely healed.  The Lord took our sweet boy home to be with Him.  Little did we know that a year ago today we would have to face many many worse days.  We rejoice in knowing that Owen is healed, that he is in his maker's hands.  The God who gave him life and took his life.  I look forward to the day when I will be side to side with my little Owen worshiping God in heaven!!!

2 comments:

  1. Amen! It couldn't be said any sweeter...then that.

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to dying too, just so I can be with my little man again too. I just want to hold him and talk to him and kiss him again. :( Blake's first birthday is in about a month...I'm not sure how I'll get through it.

    ReplyDelete