Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A little scare

Last night November 15th I had an appointment with my midwife.  All was well except for the fact that she couldn't get the baby's heartbeat on the doppler she tried for like fifteen minutes.  She felt terrible so for my peace of mind she sent me for an ultrasound.  She wasn't at all concerned.  So this morning I went for an ultrasound and all is well.  The baby was moving all around and the ultrasound tech said that she was able to see alot more then last week.  She said baby has everything it should by now!  I always love seeing the baby!  The baby was measuring 2 days ahead which is encouraging because Owen always measured behind.  Today when I was in the waiting room waiting for my ultrasound this little boy came walking over to me he must have been about a year and a half and his mom said "Owen come back"  my heart melted.  That name is like music to my ear.  So precious.  I just wanted to scoop him up!! 

In other news you can be praying for my mom she was admitted to the hospital last night with severe pain due to a cyst on her ovary.  She will be having surgery tomorrow at 1pm to have the cyst removed.  Pray that everything goes well and that they can do the surgery laparoscopically and that they don't need a big incision.  Depending on the incision and how they remove the cyst her recovery time could be anywhere from 1 day to 8 weeks.  We are praying for the one day!!!  It is certainly hard being down when you have 3 little ones that need constant attention. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad I read this post...

    Good news for you (I've been thinking about you alot) and not so fun news for your mom. We'll be praying for the least(minumium amount)of days of recovery as possible.

    ((sigh))

    ReplyDelete