Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Owen's GI doctor called today with his bloodwork results from yesterday.  They aren't too great...  All of his bilirubin levels went up higher then they have been yet and his white blood cell count is still elevated.  As long as Owen is fine they aren't too worried about his bilirubin levels.  I guess if he starts acting up or would get a fever then that is when they would be concerned.  I said to Ian tonight I just wish Owens bilirubin levels would come down and this whole liver thing would be a thing of the past!!!  Owen's liver functions continue to be perfect.  I spoke to his doctor about them doing a liver biopsy.  I told her that I don't want them doing one for no reason really.  They originally told us that if they did one it would be more or less so that they know what is going on, but they wouldn't be able to treat it.  So, I say why put Owen at risk???  It isn't an easy thing putting him under due to his heart condition.  I guess at this point they are still unsure if they will be doing a liver biopsy.  All of the doctors involved with Owen are going to have a meeting on Owen's case and see what the best way to treat him is. 

Specific prayer requests would be that Owen's bilirubin levels would come down and stay down and that his pulmonary arteries would grow as he grows.  If Owens PAs don't grow as they should this could become a serious thing.



  1. How are you guys holding up? Praying for all three of you!

  2. Do you guys need anything? How can we be of help to you? We haven't seen you in a while and we miss you. Little Owen is going to be so big next time we see him.