Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Going Home.

We met with the transplant team this morning. We talked about everything that will be happening over the next few weeks or months. They told us Owen will most likely be on the top of the transplant list because of his levels being so high. They also didn't think he needed a feeding tube and actually said he had some good chunk on him.  Owen doesn't have to go home on oxygen, they decided they can get his stats up with oxygen when  they'll need to so, he doesn't need it at home. We have to go over to HUP when we get out of here to meet the transplant surgeon {if he is available} That way he can look at Owen. Our cardiologist came in and said, "I hope my email to him didn't scare him into meeting with you." She is the best! Owen can tell he is about to go home because he is very happy and talking. Which he wasn't so much the last few days. 
Thanks for praying and please continue to do so. This is just the beginning of a very long road.

1 comment:

  1. This is good news -ish. Eh?
    I posted a prayer request, for today, and note on my blog with a link to yours so that my reader's can be praying for you all, too. Hopefully, that is okay. I'm sure all the prayer you can get in this next phase will be most appreciated.

    Has Owen gotten any teeth yet? I think of you all with that possibly going on, too. If so, I know, I know... those can make up some real "doozy of a day" for you. Hang in there.
    (hugs)

    ReplyDelete